Sunday, June 29, 2008

OFFICIALLY on the "official" wait list!!!

Great news!!! As of June 20, 2008, we are OFFICIALLY on the official wait list with our agency for a baby! What does that mean? Basically it means that we have completed all the paperwork necessary at this point to receive a referral for a baby. Now comes the tough part...sitting here waiting for the phone call that tells us we have a baby. Our agency has told us to expect a 12 month wait time. This is typically the max. amount of time we can expect to wait...it could be much shorter though. Currently, there are approximately 22 families, including us, on this list for South Korea. There have been 17 referrals so far this year (14 boys and 3 girls). I am hoping that pace either continues or picks up speed through the remainder of the year. If that is the case, I am hoping that our referral comes to us in early spring. Jason calls my thinking process for this "fuzzy math." But, it makes sense to me in my excitement to be a mother and in my crazy need to rationalize everything out.

Just wanted to share our news! I am changing the ticker at the bottom of the page to reflect our time on the wait list, since officially that is what our agency goes by.

We are pretty excited...and now WE WAIT...

2 comments:

Kindall6 said...

How exciting! I hope it is sooner than that..but that may be crazy math! We are SOOO excited.

Nana3andwaitingfor4 said...

I am really excited and who says Jason really knows math anyway!