Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Buffalo River in September!

This past weekend Jason and I went kayaking on the Buffalo River with some friends. A much needed retreat!

We put in at Ponca and took out 10 miles down-river at Kyle's Landing. Unbelievable! That float just doesn't happen in September! We had a week of rain which made the float possible and the water couldn't have been more perfect!

Toby, Katie, Naima, and Rob went with us and witnessed as I had my first turnover EVER! And as Jason puts it...I liked it so much the first time that I did it again and again! That's right! I turned over three times. I'm just glad it was a warm, sunny day and not one of our January trips!

I'm including some pictures of our beautiful float. Unfortunately the picture taking ended shortly after it began because I had the camera and it got a little wet. The pictures are (in order of appearance): Jason on the side of the river taking a nap on our lunch, Katie paddling down the river, and Naima, Toby, Rob, and Jason gazing at one of the beautiful Buffalo bluffs. Not all the spots on the river were as peaceful as these pictures...just the right amount of rapids to keep the trip interesting!

I just hope that this is the first of many floats this fall!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
We are a Christian couple who are just starting our Korean Adoption journey. We wondered if you would like to keep in touch?