Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Indian Creek Hike

We recently took advantage of our beautiful Fall weather and went for a hike through Indian Creek. We began at Kyle's Landing on the Buffalo and followed a trail till we came to a small trickle of a waterfall and Arkansas Cave, which is closed year-round due to usage by endangered bat populations. The hike was through some rugged but gorgeous landscapes. Jason climbed up the bluff a little further than I did...just to explore. Our goal was to make it to the Eye of the Needle, but since we were running out of daylight that will have to wait for a return trip.

I've attached some pictures of myself and Jason on the hike.
I also included one of the sunlight coming through the turning leaves and one of the swans who make Boxley their home. Enjoy...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures, Heather! I love when the seasons change in Arkansas. We drove the Pig Trail this year, but didn't make it to a hike. Maybe next year!