Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summer is over...

...and we had one to cherish!

Ok, so I have been back to work officially for one week and I can't say that I am happy about it. Luci and I are adjusting to the idea of child-care and I don't know who is having a harder time of it, me or her. Mornings are fairly traumatic but afternoons are marvelous. Let me just say...I was efficient before Luci, but that was nothing; I get my work done and I am outta there! Since I pretty much dictate my own schedule, I have been highly motivated to finish up and go get my baby! Everyone keeps telling me that it will get better and I know it will, but right now is HARD! I am looking forward to those "better" days.


On to better topics...what we have been up to during August! Our chickens are growing and we love to watch them eat our garden bugs. Many of our Facebook followers will remember the trauma of the first chicken week. We lost 4 in one day...3 to a hawk, and one that night to a midnight marauder (raccoon). Since then we replaced them with 4 more mature birds to teach the little ones the ropes. We also built a covered run and only let them out in the evening when we can be in the yard. Success...all 10 are thriving and we are looking forward to farm fresh eggs (from the big four) any day now!



We have also had more cousin-time. Luci and Allie are growing to be fast friends and it is so fun to watch the 4 kiddos play together. Last night we drove to Harrison for our first monthly Kindall family dinner. What a blast to just sit back, visit, eat, and laugh at the kids! So sweet!






Yes, I am going to miss summer! But I am looking forward to all the things that fall will bring! Cooler weather, time outside to enjoy the cooler weather, all the new things Luci will learn, precious family time, and yummy cool garden veggies and fresh eggs!

3 comments:

Dania Efird said...

Said lots of prayers for you this week. I remember how hard it was to leave Xavier the first time at day care. I cried the whole day! Then this week I had to leave Naia in Kindergarten! I only cried a little, but it was still SO hard.

Kindall6 said...

Love the pics. I will continue to keep you in my prayers about the babysitter....I so hope it gets better soon. We LOVED seeing you all and look forward to our next dinner together.

Lots and lots of love,
Aunt Betsy

Yvonne and Eric said...

Luci is just such a cutie patootie! I can only imagine how difficult it is to go back to work - good luck and I hope it gets easier on both of you soon!

Yvonne