Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

Hard to believe that one year ago today I saw this sweet face for the first time.



It was instant love-at-first-sight.  Actually, it was love at first hearing because I heard all the details about my precious daughter over the phone and through email before I ever saw her face.

I have been reminiscing alot lately and I am remembering the day of the referral.  I had just come out of a difficult meeting at work and ran upstairs to grab my things before running out the door and up to my internship site in Bentonville for some observations.  As I was putting my phone it my purse, it beeped indicating that I had missed a call.  I looked and saw that it was our social worker.  My heart literally skipped a couple of beats, my hands started sweating, and I started shaking.  I didn't even listen to the voice mail that she had left;  I simply called her back to see if it was the call I had been waiting for.  IT WAS!  She had a referral for our sweet Luci.  I tried to remain objective but as soon as she told me that her birthday was July 16 (the same as her daddy), I knew.  This was the sign that God was giving me...this was our baby!  She could have had 3 heads and 5 legs at that point and we still would have known she was the one for us.

Still, we did the "smart" thing and let our pediatrician look over the referral telling ourselves that we were really thinking it over...but we weren't!  We knew!  She was ours!
 

I know I have said this before but I am so happy that God chose me to be this special girl's mommy!  She is such a perfect fit for our family!  Happy Referral Day (even though you didn't know anything about it) to our sweet, energetic, happy, fun, loving Luci!

2 comments:

Nana said...

Yes, what a wonderful day it was, Happy Referral Day Sweet Luci, Love Nana

Kindall6 said...

A year! Where has the time gone? What a blessing Luci is...He sure knows what He is doing :-) Love you all.