Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Four!!! Can you believe it?!?!?!


Two out of three in this house celebrated being another year older...well I celebrated them too! It is hard to believe my baby turned 4 years old Monday and that Jason is right in the middle of the thirties! Each year I think it can't possibly get any better but each year it does!



Luci as a three year old was fun and I am sure four will be even better! She wouldn't even acknowledge she was three until about a week ago. Up until that point when asked how old she was she would reply "I'm gonna be this many at my birthday!" (holding up 4 fingers). About a week ago she told me she didn't want to be four; she just wanted to stay little. Even now, with all the birthday excitement she won't tell people she is four...she will only hold up her fingers.



A few other Luci antedotes...
*She loves her stuffed animals (still)! Her favorite has changed though...no longer does Awkie the Elephant go everywhere with us; we now have Winter the Dolphin with us at all times. (the inspiration for the name came from the movie Dolphin Tale.)

*She has become a complete girlie girl...wants princess everything, "dollies" galore, wears only dresses and nightgowns, begs for a pink room, and twirls around the room like a ballerina. I don't know where this came from but she sure is fun!!!







*She loves to read, draw, paint, and play outside.



*She is incredibly bashful and will tell me ahead of time (when going somewhere new) "I going to be a little bit shy."

*Around family she is a complete ham and wild as can be!

*Has begun asking questions about babies and where they come from since this is front and central in her mind with the anticipated arrival of a new cousin. Most of the questions are funny but some are questions I'm not quite prepared for. The funniest one from the other day was "How Aunt Sherri gonna eat if she's got a baby in her tummy?"

*She loves to sing and her versions of songs are hilarious!
"You are my sunshine. Only my sunshine. You make me happy...skies are grey. You never know dear how I much you...please don't take my sunshine away. (dramatic, drawn out finish) Please don't taaaakkkkke...my...sunshine...aaaaaaawwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyy!". (Ta-da arms)



*She is a very loving girl who enjoys being close and spending time with those she loves. She has the sweetest heart and when she thanks you it is sincere and heartfelt. She LOVES her people and worries about them when they aren't around...asking where they are right now and when she will see them again.



I simply do not see how it is possible to love this girl any more...but I will tomorrow and more again the next day and the next...



Thank you Jesus for blessing our family in so many ways!!!

-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: