Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Loves (plural)!

Today is a very special day in the Kindall household...two out of three members have a birthday! Yes, Jason and Luci share this day as their introduction into the world!



First...Happy Birthday, Jason! This birthday marks a milestone; we have been together for half our lives! This doesn't seem possible. Are we really getting that old?! We have been through so much together and I can't think of anyone that I would rather have those ups and downs with than you. And this past year...WOW...what an emotional journey as we prepared to become first time parents; we waited to find out which child God had chosen for us, we met our daughter in pictures and text, we waited again, and then we traveled half way around the world to bring her home! I have so enjoyed watching you become Luci's daddy! You have completely fallen in love with another girl and I'm not even jealous! (For those blog readers out there who haven't read Jason's first words as a daddy, check out the first Luci post..."A Baby Girl")


Now...my precious baby girl is ONE! Happy first birthday, sweet Luci! You have truly lived up to the meaning of your name...you are most definitely a "light" in our lives! I can't imagine going one day without seeing your smile, hearing your laughter, and giving you kisses! God answered all my prayers when He sent you to become a part of our family. I am so thankful for my sweet daughter and I can't wait to see what you will become as you grow older. I can only imagine...scientist, teacher, author, gymnast, singer, demolition master (all I can say is you would just have to see our house)...


So, what are we doing to celebrate this momentous day in the Kindall household? Not much today! We are having a relaxing day, just the three of us. We had lunch at Hugo's (one of our favorite local eateries) and then took a drive to Missouri to pick up our ten chickens (can't wait to have our own eggs each morning). Tonight we celebrated with a nice dinner at home and an ice cream birthday cake! I am taking Jason out on Saturday for a birthday date and Luci's big Tol party is next Saturday, the 25th. I will be sure to post more pictures after the big event. I have been planning for weeks so hopefully everything turns out ok!

I do have one request for all our blog readers...even if you don't normally post comments, please consider posting today. I would love for Luci to look back on this entry and read all the comments from those out there who have followed our journey and prayed for her arrival and adjustment! I am so thankful for you all! I know that we have had this wonderful experience because of your thoughts and prayers. Please wish Jason and Luci a very special birthday!


13 comments:

Kindall6 said...

Ok...you got me crying again! Happy birthday Jason and Luci! God sure knows what he is doing.

With love always for Luci on her first birthday!

Aunt Betsy, Uncle Kerry, Dylan, Grace, & Allie

Nana said...

Words cannot express the emotion that I felt reading these words. My eldest son is 32 and his beautiful daughter is now 1, but even more so, what a wonderful family you have truly become. I love all of you so much, and I am not surprised at the wonderful parents you have become in a short period of time! Love and kisses to Luci on her first Birthday! Love to my big burly son and a special daughter-in-law on this special day! Love Nana

Brad and Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Luci and Jason!
Jessica, Brad and Saul (from Dillon forum)

tirzahdawn said...

Happy Birthday Jason and Luci!

Ma said...

Dear Luci,

Are you 1? Already? You are such a big girl. Did you know that all of your mommy and daddy's friends prayed for you?

Your mommy and daddy took a LOT of pictures of you and I look at them all the time. You are so beautiful!

Mommy and daddy worked hard to have you and they smile all the time! You smile all the time, too!

Have fun on your first birthday! Can you believe that your daddy and you have the same birthday?

Lots of love from just one person that adores you!

Betsy (friend of your mommy at work)

Julie and Phil said...

Hi Kindalls!

Happy first birthday to Luci (and 30-something [?] to Jason)!

We are blessed to know you, and to share the common bond of being in Seoul with you to bring our daughters home. Luci, you should know that your mom and dad were *SO* excited that week, and could hardly wait for the day they got to take you to the airport. We shared some of that time with them, as we all got a small taste of Korea!

Jason and Heather, it has been fun to read your blog and watch you grow into parenthood. Perhaps someday in the not-too-distant future, Luci and Ellie should meet again.

God Bless, take care!

- Phil and Julie

PS -- There's a birthday present for Luci in your email inbox! :-)

Amber and Luke said...

Happy Birthday Luci! and Jason! I follow your blog and am waiting for our little Ike. That is so wonderful that you share a birthday. I hope that you always have special, wonderful memories from this day forward.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'

Amber

GandGF said...

Luci, July 16 is a gold star day in our family because two very special people were born on it. The best son-in-law, your Daddy & a lovable grand daughter, you. Birthday hugs and kisses on your special day. Grandpa & Grandma

Jennifer Lynn said...

Happy thoughts on a truly wonderful day!! (late post.....just back from Africa:)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jason and Luci! I hope your special day was extra special this year.

Luci, your Mommy and Daddy are precious dear people who have such a desire to honor God in their lives. Much prayer and anticipation went into your arrival in their lives. You are absolutely beautiful and a special gift from God, and you obviously are the light in your parents world.
Enjoy your very special day, to a very special family!
Amy Knowles

Monica said...

I know this is LATE...but I have been in Alabama on vacation with my family and just got back Saturday...soooo HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY LUCI and Happy Birthday to Jason as well! I LOVE reading your blog and watching you grow. I have not even met you Luci, but I feel like I know you because of all the beautiful posts your Momma and Daddy write about you. I'm sure I will meet you soon and you can meet my 2 beautiful daughters and play together. (Your Mom and I will be 'working' together very soon when school starts!)
All the best to you Luci!
~Monica

Micah and Sunny said...

Happy Birthday to the two of you! I really loved reading this post and have enjoyed following your journey. May God bless you with many more birthdays such as this one: relaxed,enjoyable, and thinking on the love you have for each other.

Blessings,

SunnyK(forum)

Yvonne and Eric said...

Sorry this is late! Happy Birthday Luci! You are just adorable and I can't wait to meet you sometime. Your time with Mr. & Mrs. Kim overlapped with that of my son's, Matthew. Hope you had a wonderful birthday - you look beautiful in your hanbok!

Yvonne