Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's blueberry time!

One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of fresh blueberries. Deliciousness!!!

Luci and I visited the blueberry patch this afternoon and picked two gallons. She started out as such a huge helper; picking only the bluest berries. She picked enough to cover the bottom of her bucket and then sat down and began to eat...and eat...and eat (reminded me of Little Sal in Blueberries for Sal). When she tired of eating she began to scoot down the rows on her belly, saying "excuse me" to the branches that got in her way. Needless to say, by the time we (I) had picked two gallons, Luci was filthy!!!

The bushes were absolutely loaded so I know the season will last a while...we will be back for more! I have already been on the lookout for new blueberry recipes in anticipation of the season. My Pinterest recipe board has so many tasty possibilities that we will have to go back for more berries.


No comments: