Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin Patch Outing

This past weekend we visited a Corn Maze/Pumpkin Patch/Petting Zoo Extravaganza!  The weather was beautiful...blue sky, sunshine, gentle breeze, etc...

We started out at the petting zoo.  Luci got braver as the time went on but at first she would take my hand and make me pet the goats and sheep or make me take her hand to feed the goats hay.  She eventually got to where she would do it herself as long as I was right there with her.  Where did this timid girl come from???


Momma, you do it!
Now I'll do it, but you hold my hand!
Then we went to the corn maze.  Luci had fun telling us which path to take.  We completely disregarded the map, but who needs a map anyway?  She lost interest pretty quick since a field of corn is just that...a field of corn.


Then we headed for the "cow train".  Cow train translates to "torture ride for adults".  The train was made up of several plastic drums with people size holes cut in them; wooden cow heads and wheels attached; hooked together and pulled by a small tractor.  Luci liked it and I was happy when the bumpy ride was over!


Waving to no one in particular...watching the tractor that is pulling us!

We ended the outing with a visit to the pumpkin patch where Luci picked out a Luci-sized pumpkin.  It's not really fall until you head to the pumpkin patch!  Check...done!


Got my pumpkin!

No comments: